Saturday, March 21, 2009

Chains.....

So last week I made the last minute decision to hit up practice at the local track. All day I did the dance in my head "should I, shouldn't I?" Well I sure shouldn't have! I got up there feeling a little burnt from the phoenix trip still, but I knew that I had to put in some work so that I could be better for Oregon in April. The night didn't start off well at all either. First I kept hitting the gate, not just a little tap, but full on hitting it. Now I've probably hit the gate less than 10 times the entire 20+ years I've been racing, so this was frustrating me. I take one more and try to slow my timing up even more and hit it again, this time I jammed my wrist. My frustrations were growing so I decide to take a break, then I notice it's not just me, everyone is hitting the gate. So they they finally realize there is an issue...take off the ram to work on it and I decide I'll wait for the gate to be repaired before I ride. After what had to be at least 45 minutes they get going, right after I say to someone " five more minutes and I'm just going home." I go back up, get a decent snap finally, push it at about 70% to the first turn and start to pedal out of the turn when next thing you know I'm laying on the ground....

I was there for awhile, unable to unclip my left foot (which happens to be the side of the ankle I keep reinjuring), my right leg is numb and I can't move it, my shoulder is twitching, and my visor is in my face. Finally with the assistance of 3 other people, I get up and can't put pressure on my right leg....As I roll off the track I realize that my chain is off. I asses the damage to the bike and then myself...Road rash on my knee and shoulder, a dislocated knee cap, and my shoulder is killing me. This seems to be the year of obstacles for me. But I'm going to keep pushing through.

Watched the USAC championships today on go211.com. My boy nick did it up right getting on the podium for his class!!! next stop for him is another podium in Australia when he gets that World 1. I'm calling it out now!!!!! I'm going to do all I can to get myself there as well!!! Oregon in two weeks...gotta do some training

No comments:

Post a Comment