Tuesday, December 15, 2009

2009...coming to an end

Grands came and went and I had a pretty shady showing back there. I trained, apparently not hard enough, got back there felt decent all the way up until it was time to actually race. I made both my mains, which is an improvement from last year, but I didn't ride very well at all. Put me down for a 7th in class and a 5th in cruiser. I was pretty bummed...Nag 5 challenge was fun just to say I was in it, but I got my butt kicked my them young girls!! NAG 3 on both bikes for end of the season...pretty solid.

Grands itself had to be some of the most fun I've had at a race in a long time. Made some new friends, whom are pretty crazy to say the least, but I enjoyed every minute of it. They helped me forget how poorly I rode. What a trip.

I've started some new training to try and get ready for Reno. I've said it all year and I still will say it, I need ALOT more time on my bike. Throwing sprints into the mix finally, some intervals, cardio, and strength training. All I have to say is by Chula Vista it better be paying off!! I want to improve more next year as my class continues to get tougher.

Can't believe the year is almost over...Want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Stay safe out there and I'll update after the holidays with my progression and plans for Reno.

No comments:

Post a Comment