Monday, September 28, 2009

Chula Vista, CA-OTC





This event had a lot of hype late in the year after it got added to the schedule. Most expected a large turnout and moto counts topping the high 200's. Running in conjunction with the ABA national was the UCI SX race on the big kids track. Rolled down with Patty Metzger and Alyssa Canervari Thursday and stopped for the night in Los Angeles to stay at Ellie house and then continue the last 2.5 hours down down to Chula Vista. Was a quick trip on the first leg..no traffic, didn't get lost, and it was good company. Got to roll through part of Hollywood, never seen so many billboards for movies, tv shows, and products as I did here. Crossed by a few popular streets, saw the Kodiak Theater, apparently missed seeing a few other things cuz I had no idea what I was looking at or for. Didn't get much sleep but up early to roll down to the OTC. Hit almost no traffic in a very un socal way and got there just in time for Alyssa to roll down to her practice. Patty and I were just behind here for 20" and I must say, I loved this track!! It was fast, fun, technical, and had a larger starting hill than typical nationals.

I left the cruiser at home this weekend to try and focusing on getting the last few points I could to hold onto my top 5 nag. We were shaping up to have 5-6 riders in 28&over, a nice change from out total points. Friday night went over and watched time trials on the SX track. What an experience. The track is huge, pictures do not do it justice at all. Made some new friends =) left early to go get some rest since Saturday races were starting so early. Saturday had 167 motos, lite for sure. I had 5 riders and no hope after 2nd turn. The rhythm was killing me and I was getting passed like I was just stopping to let them by...Frustrated and took 4th. Was not psyched. Patty doubled, Ellie won, Alyssa was in the mains and rode well,Ashely Cohen & Porter made mains, Robo made the main, nick got moto'd-how I still don't know what he did that!. Dinner, rest, and then back for the SX race. Lots of action, lots of crashing, and lots of fun. Best way I can describe it. Skipped the after party for sleep, odd for me I know...But had another early day and a long drive home after.

Sunday went quick with only 155 motos I belive. Robo in the main again, Nick in the main, and I made the main and got 3rd-2nd slipped through my fingers again, Cohen & Porter in the mains again, Patty doubled, Ellie won, and Alyssa did awesome. Brendon crashed and was beat up and pissed off all at once...he'll be back and ready to win at lancaster I'm sure! Good weekend, lots of sun, and lots of memories!

Next up is Atwater for the Redline Cup Finals this weekend. Let's try to get the plate for once!! No more 2nd's~!

No comments:

Post a Comment