Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Livermore

So after many years of not racing in the NBL I finally went back. Granted it was only a local, but I still took a few baby steps back into a league that I used to race all the time. NBL is so much different than the ABA and it was a major adjustment for me. The most difficult thing for me too handle was that random gate, it was my first time really attempting them. There were a few close calls that almost resulted in me flipping over it because I forgot where I was and that I couldn't leave when I normally do...that little pause kept getting me. I ended up racing both of the races that day and was put in with the guys, not a big suprise for me there. It was really good for me to chase them around 6 times, yes 6. Normally I'm lucky to make it around racing a ABA national 3 times without almost dying..so this was a big step up for me. I plan on getting back there as often as possible and using it for training and hitting up 2 NBL nationals later this year..I hope. Afterwards my ankle was killing me, but no time to rest I had to hurry over and help with the Crab Feed fundraiser for Manteca BMX. It was a huge success and over 400 people showed up!! And on an even better note ABA track builder Billy Allen is out there getting work done finally and things are finally in motion. Next stop for me is the ABA national in Lake Perris, CA. Looking to keep the good racing going and continue to improve...Should have some photos and results posted up on monday after the race..Good luck everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment