Thursday, February 26, 2009

rain rain rain

NorCal has been getting hit with one rain storm after another. Don't get me wrong, we really need the rain, but as a bmxer you never really learn to love it. I have been sneaking in track sessions between storms at Roseville and doing some training at home. I've been out of it for a month so I'm basically starting from scratch again. We all know how hard this gets. I've even started racing at least once a week when I can. Let me tell you chasing around a bunch of guys, who are much faster, has been a lot of fun. It's helping me learn how to not get psyched out on the gate again, increasing my speed (very little at a time, but still baby steps is all I'm hoping for right now) and very slowly helping my endurance.

I'm grateful to have a supportive group of teammates that really make going to locals fun again. Their dedication is starting to rub off on me a bit. I've been forcing myself to get up and do my workouts even though I really don't want too. I know that what I'm doing won't help me that much in phoenix next weekend, but I know come Oregon in April I will have gained a lot. Hoping for sun and good weather in phoenix and can't wait to get some more national racing done for this year.

Still hoping to achieve some great things this year and still continue to work towards goals I've set. It's a lot of work and I realize that only I can make them happen. If I don't put forth everything I can leading up to these races I have not done all I can to prepare and better be ready to deal with outcomes I don't like. I'm still struggling to commit to 100% of the things I need to be doing, but I have recognized a lot of areas for improvement by racing these locals and now make the efforts between nationals. These are all things that I never did last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment